Friday, April 8, 2011

I suppose it is about time that I get started on finishing the go cart project. There are a number of projects that have consumed most of my time for the last four months. I now have a truck that runs on natural gas and have just installed a compressor at my house so that I can fuel the truck from home overnight. But the most demanding project physically has been the tower project. At our cabin on Tenkiller lake in Oklahoma we once Had a tree house look out tower that got blown over a couple of years ago. I know very little about constructing wooden structures but my brother Carl knows plenty. So he came up with plans to build a 3 story free standing wooden structure which is no small feat for weekend warriors. Trying to drill holes for the posts in this rocky soil is next to impossible even with the skid steer that I rented. There is a jack hammer mounted in this picture. I would drill until I hit rock and then switch over to the jack hammer to break up rock and then switch back to the auger. It looked like a war zone when I was through drilling.
We cemented the posts in as far as we could get them down then started laying the foundation.
We did not have time to finish the railing on this trip but it will be secure enough that even small children cannot slip through.
Here is Brenda atop her new tower.
I am trying to figure out a way to put a Zip Line on this thing.

Ok back to the go cart. I have been taking it apart so that it can be fully welded, sand blasted and painted. I really will not have anything new to show until I get a little farther along in the finishing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment