Monday, October 12, 2009

Do I really want to do this? It is best to proceed in a logical manner. Some may say logic shmogic. Let's just gitter done. That is what I said when I started my latest project of assembling a Victorian Doll House with about 1000 pieces not counting the shingles. And believe me it is much easier to shingle a real house than a doll house albeit a little more dangerous. This is something I really wanted to do and I have been doodling on it for a year. But the point is that we will always feel better about things if we finish what we start. I will feel better mostly not getting the gentle reminders to finish the stupid Doll House already. So first of all we need to know what we need. Count the cost so to speak. Because good tools do cost money. But let's start with what kind of work space is required to build a Go Cart. I can tell you now that if all you have is the kitchen table then you may want to just consider the Doll house Project. A good place for fabricating metal is a covered port or garage. Something to protect against the elements. An ideal place is an enclosed garage with adequate ventilation. If you are like a lot of people then you don't have room in the garage for a car let alone some kind of project. But it really does not take a lot of space. All I have to do is finish up this Doll house and I am good to go.


Next you need to be aware of the tools that are required. I will make a list of what is needed and then give detailed suggestions on ways to go. As in most things there are many different ways to go about something. I do not profess to know the best way to do anything. There is good, better and best. I am aquainted with good and better. I was once introduced to best but he turned out to be an imposter. There is also "ain't no good" and unfortunately we will all run into him every once in a while. But the point is to learn to recognize him and run the other way. So here is how it works. There needs to be respect. Few among us know everything. My skills may appear elementary compared to yours. But if you will respect my less than perfect ways of doing things then I will refrain from making comments about your mother. But if there is any disrespect then whether or not your momma wears army boots will be the least of her worries. Fair enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment