Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Here is a picture of my new Friend. Right now the biggest hindrance to getting anything done is the heat. This has been one of the hottest and driest summers on record. Someone said it is hot as hell. That is not true. I think it is somewhat hotter than hell. At any rate I decided to try and mitigate the effects of the heat as much as possible. I broke down and went out and bought this super deluxe swamp cooler. It is little more than a fancy fan that blows water vapor. A pump circulates water through a media as the fan sucks air through the moisture and blows it out through the front venturi. I have noticed before that it seems that the hotter it gets the less I perspire. Someone explained to me that once the ambient temperature reaches about 105 Deg. F. your body begins to reserve fluids just for survival. That is sort of like turning the A C off in your physical system. Is this fan worth $600.00. I will let you know. Meanwhile I continue to work on odds and ends such as widening the edges of the front hood. I love working with the foam because it is so easy to add what you need. It is just a matter of gluing on some additional foam and slicing it down to the desired dimensions. Remind me to show you a Small saw that I bought that works very well in trimming the foam.







I need to make a template for the floor board. Now what could I use that is easy to mark and trim to fit. Wow! The foam works perfect for that too.





No comments:

Post a Comment